University shield

Giving Information for US and UK Taxpayers - CAm (UK)

If you are subject to tax in both the UK and the US, you have the opportunity to increase your support to the University of Cambridge and its member Colleges by giving to Cambridge in America (UK) Ltd, a registered charity in the UK, and be simultaneously eligible for tax benefits in both countries.

Gifts of cash and securities made to CAm UK are tax-deductible for US taxpayers to the full extent allowed by US tax law and may also provide tax benefits to UK taxpayers, including participation in the UK Gift Aid Scheme for gifts of cash, and income tax and capital gains tax benefits for gifts of securities. Currently, CAm UK can claim an additional 25 pence from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) for every £1 donated.

See instructions below on how to give, or find out more by visiting our Frequently Asked Questions.

Making a Gift of Cash to CAm UK

Gifts of cash can be made to CAm UK by check or wire transfer.

If eligible, please complete a Gift Aid Declaration Form and include it with your gift payable to Cambridge in America (UK) Ltd. This form is required to claim the tax benefit from the UK tax authority.

To make a donation eligible for Gift Aid, you must pay at least as much UK tax (Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax) as the amount of tax that CAm UK is reclaiming—25% of the amount you donate.

To make a gift by wire transfer to CAm UK, please contact Liliya Panko for the details. To make a gift of cash to CAm UK, please send the contribution and completed Gift Aid form to:

Liliya Panko, Chief Financial Officer
Cambridge in America
1120 Avenue of the Americas
7th Floor
New York, NY
Tel. 212.984.0960

Making a Gift of Securities to CAm UK

To make a gift of securities, please contact Liliya Panko, Chief Financial Officer, for the securities transfer instructions. She can be reached via email at or by phone at 212.984.0967.

What happens after I give?

After you give, Cambridge in America (UK) Ltd. will send you a tax receipt and letter of acknowledgment for your original gift, which you can use for UK tax purposes. CAm UK will collect the appropriate Gift Aid from HM Revenue & Customs. CAm UK remits all monies received to the University of Cambridge and or its member Colleges, or towards related projects in accordance with the Trustees’ allocations. Cambridge in America will send a US receipt letter noting the amount of the gift as well as the amount of any Gift Aid claimed. This letter should be provided to your tax accountant or retained by you with your US tax papers.

Have more questions? Please check out the Frequently Asked Questions page. If you would prefer to reach out to Cambridge in America, please email